02 Aug Skeie’s Jewelers
Ole Larsen Skeie, trained as a watchmaker in the family jewelry business in Norway, immigrated to the United States in 1906 and opened the first Skeie’s Jewelers in Roundup, Montana in 1910.
In 1922 Ole found a store for sale in Eugene, Oregon. He packed up both his shop and family and moved to Eugene, Oregon to a small store at 927 Willamette Street, Eugene’s main street. The Skeie’s Jewelers tradition of European craftsmanship and dedication to high-quality service was a welcome addition to the Eugene community.
Ole’s son George and son-in-law Rex became partners in 1947 and Ole retired in 1955. The two ran the store until Rex died in 1965. In 1969 Skeie’s Jewelers opened its doors at Valley River Center.
George ran the store until selling it to his son Rick and nephew Steve in 1979. Since then, Skeie’s has thrived under the third generation. Skeie’s continues to pride itself on treating every customer as a friend, demonstrating integrity and being a valued resource to everyone in the community. Its success is built on more than 90 years of jewelers’ wisdom passed down through the family line.
In 2002 Skeie’s moved to Oakway Center to expand, creating the largest and most comprehensive showroom yet. Rick Skeie’s nephew, Rick Beckett, became the co-owner of Skeie’s in 2010 after Steve retired. Skeie and Beckett along with three master craftsmen, four GIA certified gemologists, and a knowledgeable sales staff continue to carry on the Skeie’s legacy.
With a wide variety of quality jewelry lines including top designers Roberto Coin, Marco Bicego, Mikimoto and Lika Behar, Skeie’s seeks to provide the finest selection of jewelry for every taste.
Skeie’s is Eugene’s only authorized Rolex store, offering a variety of fine watches. Skeie’s also offers a full in-house workshop for custom designs and watch and jewelry repairs managed by master craftsmen and a Rolex certified watchmaker.